One of our favourite days of the year! Thank you to everyone who has made the effort to dress up – as usual the school is looking very colourful – there are some great costumes around the place!
We had a special assembly so that children could look at each other’s costumes and the staff were tasked with the difficult decision of picking first, second and third in each base.
During the day, children will have some time working on different book based tasks in their bases:
- Year 5 and 6 are all working on creating book based board games.
- Base 3 are designing posters of their favourite book.
- Base 5 are doing a World Book Day Quiz.
- Base 6 are hosting their own Book Awards.
- Base 7 are sharing their favourite stories with friends and making bookmarks.
- Base 8 are having great fun ‘hot seating’, where they introduced their characters to the class. We got to meet and question Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, the Queen of Hearts and one of Goldilocks 3 bears. We were surprised to learn that ‘Baby Bear’ actually liked Goldilocks very much and they have become good friends.
- Base 9 are looking at Chicken Licken and finding a way to stop the egg from breaking when it drops from the sky!